Dear Georgian Heights Families,
The purpose of the new dismissal plan is to ensure a safer dismissal. It has been observed that students were nearly getting hit by cars speeding through the lot and or cutting around others. Several parents have been very helpful to provide tips to help the process run smoothly. As a result, the second day of the new plan was definitely faster. Each day we review and make necessary changes to help make dismissal more safe and efficient.
At Georgian Heights, we want to continue to build a collaborative culture where staff and parents work together to problem solve. You are always welcome to offer solutions, volunteer at dismissal or any other area of the school. Thank you in advance for your continued support.
GEORGIAN HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CAR LINE
- Stay in car rider line. Please DO NOT pull around or pass other cars. This is for students’ safety.
- For arrival, have your child exit the car on the sidewalk side of the car in next to the FLAG POLE.
- Have all morning duties (lunch money, signed papers, goodbyes) finished before you pull into the loop.
- When exiting the parking lot, follow the direction of traffic to go straight on Georgian or left on Salem.
- When picking children up in the afternoon, please have the car rider sign displayed in the window with your student’s name clearly visible for the teacher on duty to see. Allow children to be loaded on the sidewalk side.
- Drive slowly on school property at all times. The safety of the children is our highest priority.